Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween - Main Street Treating


http://www.freeportusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/2010-Halloween-Pumpkin.jpg

After hanging out at LL Bean last weekend for the annual Pumpkin Fest we decided to return to go trick or treating! That's right, many of the stores open their doors to trick or treaters every Halloween afternoon!

Honestly, the place was a zoo and the rain didn't help much. It was all I could do to keep my two year old by my side, and keep the 6 year old within eyesight as he ran ahead with his buddies. Add to that the 7 week old strapped to my chest in the Baby Bjorn who (thankfully) slept through the whole thing, the huge astronaut helmet that the 6 year old insisted on wearing, only to decide less than one hundred feet away from the car that he didn't want it anymore, the two year old's trick or treating bag and raincoat, and the umbrella... let's just say it was fun stuff. Despite my best intentions, there was no way I could take pictures of the event. So, just close your eyes, picture a quaint Main Street, full of shops with employees standing guard dressed up in Halloween costumes. Add hoards of children, parents, and rain, and you have one fun afternoon. Luckily I was there with some great friends who helped me hold things and herd my children.

If you go, go early. The event runs from 4 - 6 and many of the stores had run out of candy by just after 5:00. Still, the kids LOVED it and Halloween really is all about them, isn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment