Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Who Doesn't Love a Great Pair of Socks? No, Seriously.

In the warmer months I am a sucker for a great nail polish. Not to be used on my fingers, but on my toes. My fingers  are too abused trying to keep up with the boys and who has time for the upkeep? But my toes see a little less action and it is less noticeable when they chip. Every time I look down and see that extra little pop of color it makes me just a little bit happier.

In the winter there are no flip flops, no running around barefoot, but I still feel a little joy when I look down at my feet and realize that I have a pretty cute pair of socks on. Sounds crazy, I know, but there are some great socks out there these days that can help add just a little pop of color to your outfit. I am not talking about the cheesy holiday socks, or the ones that separate each of your toes, (to each his own) but the ones that have a pretty design, or texture.

I often find myself grabbing a few pairs on my way to the check out at outlet stores. They are great stocking stuffers at Christmas, great as part of a gift for friends (add a movie and popcorn and you have an easy ladies movie night gift), mothers and grandmothers love them, and they are needed for just about everything you do in the winter (skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, wading through huge drifts of snow...). I mean, I'm not sure why socks are so overlooked. Heck, entire companies were built on them.

All I am saying is give socks a chance. I bet if you keep your eyes open, you will start noticing just how cute they can be. Still don't believe me? Check out some that I found below:
Smartwool's

Women's PhD® Snowboard Medium


These are awesome and fun socks! They keep your feet toasty warm without getting them sweaty when you are out shredding.
Click here to see more color options

Here is another version from Smartwool available at Athleta
Phd Ski Light Sock by Smartwool®
 



And, who doesn't love a colorful argyle sock?
Banana Republic have some cute and colorful ones here. 
 
And the Gap has their own version as well in slightly different colors here 


Banana Republic also has these adorable textured socks. They look SO cozy!













Look at these fun "Foxy Socks" from Proud Runner.

Foxy Sock
Mod Cloth also has some great socks with attitude!
The Long Luxe Love Socks
Early Warming Socks in Blue


And don't even get me started on baby socks...


Old Navy 
The size of them alone are enough to make your heart melt.

All I am saying, is give socks a chance! (Thank you John Lennon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment