Friday, November 8, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things...for the boys

So, I thought that I would share a few of my kids favorite things in case you are searching for ideas for the holiday season. As you will see I do have some "go to" brands (I bet you will be able to guess which ones) and stores. This is just a partial list, but I hope it helps if you are stuck for ideas.

I try to get things that the boys can use right away, so all of the fun outdoor toys typically wait until their birthdays in the spring. It isn't that I don't love outdoor toys, I just feel bad getting the boys things that they can't actually use for four or five months. Maybe I will do a spring update to this post later on.

For more active indoor play the boys love...
**Ride in cars**
The boys use these in the basement and garage. Ben was obsessed with these cars when he was two or three, now Max loves them too.

1. Little Tikes Cozy Coupe available at Amazon, Yoyo, and pretty much everywhere else.  Oh, and check out the new styles they have. So cute! 

2. Fisher-Price Fire Truck Ride-On

**Ride-ons**

If you have a smaller house, ride-ons like this are also used on a daily basis in our home. The boys like to race them. Be warned, however, if you have hardwood floors they may scratch them up. We have relegated ours to the carpeted rooms and basement.
**Indoor Basketball**

**Crafts**
Although the boys aren't big into crafting, I can get them to spend fifteen or twenty minutes with crayons and big paper. Usually they throw themselves on the floor and color away. If I am feeling adventurous I may even let them paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment