Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It All Started with a Chair

Is it strange that I have a sudden urge to build a room around a chair?  I think it might be, and yet it seems like a good starting place for decor... it's probably something that you learn in design school.


I spotted the Bella Side Chair on Joss and Main and IMMEDIATELY became obsessed with it. I am not sure why but my mind started scrolling through multiple places where it could go in my house. It would look awesome at the head of my dining table. And, since it comes in a set of two, it is totally affordable. But the white in it doesn't seem like a smart move with three small boys. Plus, a dining table usually has food around it, which would also not be good mix with the fabric.

So, the table is not really where I would like to put the chair...the polka dots are also too similar to my living room wall color. Nope, I have the perfect spot. A little corner in my upstairs hallway that I have been dying to use as a reading nook.

Originally I was going to put built-ins in the wall to the right between the studs for books, but there are electrical wires along the inside of most of the wall and I really don't feel like becoming an electrician and moving wires. Now I am thinking that I will need to do something this, this, or this. I may even be able to DIY something with a little help from Ana White.

I was also thinking that a little pouf would be perfect for this space. When it is not in use, it could slide underneath the chair. If someone wanted to do a little reading all they would need to do is slide it out and use it as a footrest, or a place to put a drink, it could really be for anything. Although in my home it would more likely be used as a boat or space ship by the boys.

Maybe something like this one from One King's Lane 
https://okl.scene7.com/is/image/OKL/Product_KML17206_Image_1?$product$














or  this from West Elm
Zigzag Dhurrie Mini Pouf




















I wish I could show you the finished product with all of it put together., but I am not talented enough to do a mock-up in Photoshop. For now, it will have to stay in my brain. The perfect reading nook. Maybe some day. A girl can dream. *SIGH*

What has caught your eye lately? Any chair dreaming going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment