Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Days are Flying

In a few short days I will be returning to work after three months of maternity leave. My heart is breaking. I want to stay home with ever fiber of my being. I am going to miss this face more than I can bear. Even writing this is bringing tears to my eyes.

I know I have done this twice before, but it seems that each time it gets more and more difficult. Maybe it is because I see how quickly my oldest son is growing up and becoming independent, growing away from me. I know that I need to cherish each and every moment that I have with my boys. Sometimes I feel that life is running away from me and before I know it my babies will be grown and living their own lives. Sometimes I feel that I need to re-prioritize and figure out some way to stay home...let my professional life go and find time to focus on my family.

I know that this is a struggle that many others have had. How do you swing staying home? How do you let go of your professional identity and all of the time and training that you have devoted to your professional life, knowing that you may never be able to get your foot in the door again? Right now, I would let it all go to stay home and snuggle with my sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment