Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent Adventures Day 1: Let's Find a Tree and Cut It Down

Today began our advent adventures, my new plan to give "experiences" in the advent calendar instead of candy or trinkets. You can read all about it here.



Day one involved hunting for the perfect Christmas tree. In the past, the hunt for our tree has taken hours and involved frozen fingers and toes, piggy back rides, and even some tears. I'm not sure if the stress of getting out of the house with two boys screaming at each other, one baby screaming in his car seat, and me, screaming calmly suggesting that maybe today wasn't the right day to go, allowed us to lower our expectations for the trip or not, but this was the shortest hunt ever. It seriously took us about 10 minutes to find THE tree - and it takes at least five to get us out of the car and into the tree farm.

Since it was the shortest expedition in my tree hunting history, I wasn't able to get as many pictures of the adventure as I would have liked. But I did snap a few.
Pointing out all the possibilities


Finding a good option. He always falls in love with the saddest trees.

Inspecting the sawing progress


The hubs had lots of help


....and we're done! 



It was nice to get the boys outside to run around and all in all, once we got out there, it was a quick and easy advent adventure. Of course, I can't get a tree and not set it all up so here she is in all her glory.





Ah....the holidays are here.


No comments:

Post a Comment