Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mud Room Closet Make Over... Wrapping it Up

When I started this mini-makeover/organization quest my back hall closet looked like this:

Now my closet looks like this:




In my book this is a success! There are still a few things from my original vision that I need to do such as put a fun stencil on the wall. But, for the most part, it is organized and done! Wahoo!

The cushion on the bench is actually a body pillow cover that I found on clearance from Target. I love the fact that it was a no sew solution.

Also, the wine cork hooks are still holding up great!

You may notice that the doors are still on the closet. That is mainly because I don't completely trust my family to put their stuff in their respective bins. So, until they are trained I am leaving the doors on. I do have a new home in mind for the doors (when we finish our basement) so they won't be there forever, but for now they are staying.

Here is the whole process up to this point:

Project Overload - First Up... Mud Room Closet Makeover 

Mud Room Closet Makeover - Day Two I Built a Bench! 


 

And my updated "To Do" List
1. Create bench
2. Create shelves for storage
3. Get baskets and bins to hang on side wall and to put on shelves
4. Get hooks for back wall and side wall for backpacks, jackets, and hats.
5. Figure out a fun color for the wall and/or finish (wallpaper? decals? wood planking?) Partially Complete
6. Install everything
7. "Make" cushion for bench
8. Decorate the wall across from the closet with mirror or chalkboard/photos/hooks

That feels pretty good. 
Next up, the wall across from the closet!

2 comments:

  1. Your before picture looks a lot like my current coat closet. I have been thinking about turning it into a mud room for a couple of months. thanks for sharing, it is nice to have an idea of how it will look. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a little bit embarrassing how bad it was, but I knew if I put the truth out there I would be forced to actually finish the project. It is MUCH more manageable now. :)

      Delete