Thursday, January 16, 2014

Running Update: Falling off the Wagon

Yes, I admit it. I have fallen of the running wagon. This is infuriating because I put in SO much effort to start running again after Ry was born. But I have decided, this time, to be kind to myself.

Too often I find that I hold myself to standards that I would never expect of other people, and that is unfair. I have a thousand and one excuses about why I haven't run in almost three weeks, but I don't think they are necessary. Instead, I choose to accept the disappointment that I am feeling, and do my best to get back on track.  Because I am busy being a mom to three boys, a teacher to forty-eight students five days a week, a wife, a daughter, and so much more to the people in my life. That is a lot and I am doing the best that I can.

This week I will sneak in at least one run somehow. I will do this because it makes me feel better about myself and gives me more energy, which is in short supply these days. I will do this because it helps keep my brain moving and because it helps me sleep better at night. I will do this for me so I can be better for those who rely on me. I will do this one small thing for myself.


Photo Credit: kaneda99 via Compfight/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment