Monday, January 27, 2014

The Magnet Board finds a Home

Back in December I shared how I made this magnet board for my two year old's Christmas present.



In that post, I promised to share a prettier picture when it was all hung up in Max's room. Well, that just happened this weekend, almost a month later. Yes, this is my typical time frame.

But, I did have some trouble figuring out how to hang it. The board that I used isn't one that if easy to nail or screw into. I tried to use hangers, but couldn't get the screw in. (That sounds dirty.) Then I tried using the small screw hooks in the frame, but the wood was too soft and too thin.

Then I tried using Super Glue to glue hangers onto the back. Super Glue does NOT hold everything. Finally, I tried using liquid nail to attach a hanger to the back. That didn't work either.

By then, as you can imagine, I was feeling pretty frustrated. So I used the drill and drilled holes through the composite board. Then I used dry wall hangers to hang the board on the wall. Good news, it worked!


He loves it!



If you want to read more about this project, it is here.

Does it take anyone else this long to actually get that final step completed?


No comments:

Post a Comment