Saturday, February 1, 2014

Entryway Spruce Up.... For now

Currently the area by our front door - let's call it an entryway, even though it really isn't - looks like this:
It's not much to look at. And when people come over it turns into a dumping ground for shoes, coats, and everything else. This annoys me greatly!

Eventually, we would like to build a half wall by the door such as this for the door side:
http://img.saifou.com/images/5834.jpg
From SaiFou Images (If you are the original poster of this image, please let me know so I can give you credit!)
And this for the living room side:
http://nestdesignco.com/images/tiburonresidence/4.jpg
Nest Design Co. Tiburon Residence


Unfortunately, we don't have the time, or funds for this right now, and I am a little concerned that the half wall will be an issue for people coming down the stairs which as to the right of the door. So I am going to try to complete a "For now" spruce up to deal with the issue for the time being.

The good news is that this one should be free. Here are my ideas for the space:
It's the expertly drawn picture to the right labeled "Front."

Basically, I am going to use one of my kitchen table chairs and a mirror with hooks that is living in the back hallway right now, to create a space for our guests to hang coats and sit to take off their shoes. We are still finishing up the back hall makeover (Yes, it has taken an entire month. Don't judge, I'm busy) and need to move the mirror and hooks.

During the planning process, this happened to one of the dining room chairs that we still haven't refinished.

So, I think I will use the broken chair as a sign that it wants to be a place to put our butts when we come in the front door.

I should have update on the upcycling of the broken chair in a few days! Stay tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment