Thursday, October 24, 2013

No Sew Bean Bags - Let's get crafty!

Recently, on Zulily, I saw a set of beanbags that looked pretty fun. (I admit it, I'm a sucker for bean bag.) These bean bags came in all of the primary colors, which would be great for my 2 year old who frequently tells me that everything is either yellow or green. I also recalled my oldest (eldest??) son's kindergarten screening where they had him catch bean bags. (Let's just say I wish that I had practiced that particular skill more with him before the screening.)  I quickly put the bean bag set in my shopping cart and was just about to hit the checkout button when I realized that I could probably whip some up pretty easily. This thought, along with my hope to have a partially homemade Christmas, motivated me to take a trip to JoAnn Fabrics. Look what I found!


I am not much of a seamstress due to the fact that my sewing machine is broken (or maybe I just don't know how to use it) so I picked up some bonding tape and some quilting quarters in a rainbow of colors. 


It took me all of five minutes (probably less) to make a super easy beanbag. If I had taken more time, I probably could have made the beanbag more square, but my boys really won't care. 

All I did was cut a square of fabric (I should be able to make four beanbags per fabric quarter), fold 
the square inside out, and iron the hem tape around two edges (one edge was made by the fold in the 


fabric). 


Then I turned the fabric right side out, put some beans in the bag, and closed up the last side with more tape. 





SO easy! Admittedly I am not much of a crafter, nor do I have any patience (I just want to get it done!) so someone with more skills could probably make these even cuter and better than me but, once again, my boys will not really care they will just love to throw these little bean bags around. (Uh oh, I didn't think about that!)

Originally I was going to embroider the color words on the front of the bag but the baby is crying. 
Maybe next time!




What cute, easy crafts are you tackling?

No comments:

Post a Comment