Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sharpie Mug Update

Sometimes I feel like that girl in the State Farm commercial. You know this one where she ends up dating a "super model" that she met on the Internet.

No, I haven't been dating any "super models" from the internet (boy would my husband be upset!) but I do tend to believe that everything I find on Pinterest will work, or be the most delicious thing I ever tasted, or will truly change my life. Alas, I have discovered the error of my ways.

A few weeks ago I posted about the awesome Movember mugs that I made for my husband and his colleagues. He was waiting to hand out these gifts until after Movember was over (i.e December 1st). At the same time, I also made this mug for one of my friends. I followed all the directions from Pinterest - bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and ONLY hand-wash. Sadly, the marker does not stay on the mugs. :(

I have to say I was incredibly disappointed (WAYYY more than I should have been) when this project didn't work out. It has actually made me rethink all of my plans for all of the projects that I wanted to try. The anticipation of creating something that would work was possibly the only driving force behind me taking on these projects. I hate wasting money on materials. Hopefully with the holiday season knocking on my door I will find my motivation to try some more new projects but for now, I am still dealing with this disappointment. (Yes, I know that I sound ridiculous.)

:) A

No comments:

Post a Comment