Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A (Tree) Hunting We Will Go

This past weekend, we traveled to our local Christmas tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. Let me just say that I remember as a kid  being dragged out to this very same farm to cut our Christmas tree. I remember freezing toes, indecisiveness, hours (okay, maybe half hours) traipsing back and forth looking at trees that were almost identical. I can't say that I exactly enjoyed it. In fact, I think it was my complaining that stopped the tradition of cutting the tree down in favor of pre-cut Christmas trees.  So, why not share this enjoyable, nostalgic tradition with my children? Luckily they are still young enough to not mind the cold and to enjoy hunting for the "perfect" tree.


 Hanscome's Tree Farm is a great place! In fact, I have recommended this place to everyone who asks. $40 for ANY size tree on the lot sounds like a bargain with our 9 foot ceilings.


Yes, it was snowing! 'Tis the season. :)




How did your tree hunting go? Do you cut your own or buy pre-cut? Do you have any horrific (not really, Mom) experiences with "Holiday Traditions" from your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment