Monday, March 17, 2014

Mimosas and Muffins

This past weekend I hosted a mimosas and muffins party.  It was quick and easy as far as set up and planning and it was a great way to spend some time with some of my favorite ladies!

To get ready I baked two dozen muffins (straight out of the box...I am no Martha) and bought fruit for fruit salad, three kinds of juices for a variety of mimosas (OJ, Blueberry Pomegranate,  and Crangrape) and a bottle of champagne for every guest. Overkill? Maybe...but I didn't want to run out.

I then scavenged my house for every bright colored, spring looking thing I could find. And then scavenged my mom's house (thanks Mom) and ended up with a pretty festive color palette. Clearly I am dreaming of spring and completely ignoring the single digit temperatures out there.

Then I searched the internet and found these lovely, free printables from the Handmade Home (thanks Guys!). I added some words using PicMonkey and printed.


Here is everything all set up and just waiting for my guests...



Sorry I didn't get a picture with all the food and mixers out but things got a little hairy in the end. I still had to feed the baby, vacuum the first floor, get the two year old dressed, and pee (TMI?) at about the same time that the guests were due to arrive. Eek!

Once everyone got there it was a help yourself, relaxed get-together. People made their own mimosas, grabbed their own snacks and hung out. My 45 minute party ended up lasting 2 1/2 hours. It was fun and I even have leftover champagne!

I hope all these spring colors bring a smile to your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment