Monday, March 24, 2014

100 happy days, one day at a time

Okay, so I think I am a little late to the party on this one. Sadly, I find that I am a little behind the eight ball on many social media-type things. Oh well, sometimes having a life is more important. I already spend WAY too much time on the blog, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, the list goes on and on. Couldn't they just stop making new social media apps? I can't take anymore!

Anyway, in an attempt to extract myself from social media (yeah. right.) I have decided to try the 100 Happy Days project. Have you seen this? Do you know what I am talking about? Please tell me that there is at least one person out there who doesn't know about this yet...

Basically, you take one picture of one thing that makes you happy. And you do it again and again for 100 days. It is an attempt to help all of us unfocused, rushed people stop and notice how wonderful out lives are and, hopefully, appreciate all that we have. I love the premise behind it. I am a little sad that it takes social media to help me take these extra steps but it is what it is. I do have to say that I appreciate and give thanks for my life and my family every day. But it is kind of fun to do it in pictures.

Just in case you want another bloggers point of view on this, check out A Beautiful Mess' post this week here.  Oh, and there is actual scientific results that shows that this project makes people happier and more satisfied. Want to sign up (and to see more information)? Go to 100happydays.com and check out the project!

Here are my first few happy days.


What makes you happy? Share your happiness!
Go to #100happydays to see what makes the world happy

No comments:

Post a Comment