Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chalkboard Plans

The chalkboard that I made for the boys has seen some action lately, but not from the kids. My dear husband, who was not on the chalkboard bandwagon when I began planning the gift, has actually found himself using it as a "to do" list.


As you can see,  the boys have already added their artistic touch to the border. The first thing on our list is a work area for the basement to try to get some of the tools organized before we start tackling the basement finishing. (Fingers crossed it stays dry). I have been doing some searching to try to get some inspiration to help my husband design his dream work area and have been inspired by John Petersik's organizing on Young House Love here

I have to admit, the pictures that I have found on other searches just haven't wowed me. (Maybe it is a boy/girl thing). I am trying to convince him to check out the Habitat for Humanity Restore to see if we can find some cheap used cabinets to work into the design to hide some of the junk. Or maybe even a cool old door to pick up cheap as a table top. I am not sure why I am trying to make it look pretty... 


No comments:

Post a Comment